We of Youth With A Mission believe:
– That the Bible is God’s inspired and authoritative word, revealing that Jesus Christ God’s son; that people are created in God’s image;
– That He created us to have eternal life through Jesus Christ;
– That although all people have sinned and come short of God’s glory, God has made salvation possible through the death on the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ;
– That repentance, faith, love and obedience are fitting responses to God’s initiative of grace towards us;
– That God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth;
– And that the Holy Spirit’s power is demonstrated in and through us for the accomplishment of Christ’s last commandment, “…Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15)
Youth With A Mission (YWAM) affirms the Bible as the authoritative word of God and, with the Holy Spirit’s inspiration, the absolute reference point for every aspect of life and ministry. Based upon God’s word, who He is, and His initiative of salvation through the atoning work of Jesus (His death, burial and resurrection), the following responses are strongly emphasized in YWAM:
– Worship We are called to praise and worship God alone.
– Holiness We are called to lead holy and righteous lives that exemplify the nature and character of God.
– Witness We are called to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with those who do not know Him.
– Prayer We are called to engage in intercessory prayer for the people and causes on God’s heart, including standing against evil in every form.
– Fellowship We are called to commit to the Church in both its local nurturing expression and its mobile multiplying expression.
We strongly believe that the truth of the Gospel applies to every area of society – Family, Church, Education, Media, Celebration (arts, entertainment, sports) Business (which starts with innovations in science & technology, productivity, sales and service), and Government.